Sunday, June 5, 2011

Retreat, hell!

"Retreat, Hell!", comes from the French trenches of World War I, when a Marine officer named Lloyd W. Williams was ordered to retreat and replied, "Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"

Remember my post titled "Touch the Bottom"? I said I touched the ground and was ready to jump back [into productiveness]. Hell yeah I jumped alright, except that it was only a short jump. Now I'm hanging on the side of a steep cliff, gripping the root of a tree that happens to drill its way through the hard rock, almost fall down again.

My hands are tired, and this tiny root won't hold me much longer. All the voices inside my head are shouting: Retreat! Retreat! I almost give it all up. I can just let myself go and enjoy the free fall again. Yes, let's just have fun. There's still next year after all. But all the good things and the good people that recently came across my life give me the reason not to.

Now I scream to myself, "Retreat? Hell! I just got here!". I'll climb this fucking rock and get myself up there.

There are only four things left to do anyway, four easy things, so, to hell with retreating.

1. Write this post, which is almost done. I have not written any post lately and I just have to, because...just because.

2. Do the SPPK final assignment: "How to put down Soeharto using only a pen and a paper." Due Wednesday. Yes, Mr.D is a dick.

3. Study for the Computer Network final exam, also on Wednesday.

4. Translate a gargantuan amount of articles for my campus' website, which I have put off for...maybe three weeks. I've been overdue, but I'm gonna make myself a new deadline anyway because that's how I roll: Sunday! By Sunday, that's 7 days from now, all those idiotic pages bullshitting about the types of faculties in my campus must have already been translated into English. I'll start working on it on Wednesday afternoon, after the computer network exam. That means, three weeks worth of work crammed into four days. Google Translate must come to the rescue, so do my friends.

The best thing about this week is that all my money would have been spent to fix my mobile, so I'll only have a little money left, which means no hanging out with friends and no date. Oh, Kika will be on a retreat with her fellow teachers anyway, so it'll come easy:)

So, see you next week, world!

1 comment: