Saturday, July 14, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

Those of you who are hipsters but are open minded enough to tolerate religion or to listen to cheesy music or watch 70's comedy films might know the reference to Monty Python in the title of this post. Actually the stuff about tolerating religion and listening to cheesy music have nothing to do with anything at all, I only said it because I did not tolerate those self righteous jerks who think they are the coolest people in the world by hating religion and/or cheesy music. Which by the way made me realize that hating those jerks have made me even a bigger jerk.

But anyway, yeah, being a hipster is so last year. For me anyway. I've come to terms with the fact that being "logical" and "philosophical" is only half of the recipe to be happy, with the other half being 'ignorance' and 'fuck it'. And I feel obliged to tell you that I, now, feel very happy about life. I re-read this paragraph and I know it might not make sense, but it works for me somehow.

Anyway, my life hasn't changed much since my last post. I'm still addicted to the digital world (without computer and/or internet and/or mobile phone I don't really know what to do in this life), I'm still addicted to nicotine, I still have not finished my degree, I still don't have any facial hair, I'm still not married, and no, I still wouldn't "come back" to the religion I was born with, even though my parents really wish I would.

The things that have changed? Well, I have a job now. So at least I don't have to beg for money from my parents anymore. And I'm single now, which is what I had always wanted every time I had a fight with my past girlfriends. On one hand I feel great because I now can steer my life to whichever direction I want, and the only thing that stops me from going around the world is.. money! Which I'm currently making, little by little, by whatever means. On the other hand, I feel underwhelmed by this single status. Maybe I'm just not prepared. Before this I've always have my heart rested to someone. Be it my parents (when I was a kid), or to any girl I've ever had relationships with, which is only a handful, minus one finger. But every single one of them had been meaningful to me.

So, "a handful, minus one finger", your bored brain tried to process the information. "Ah, you meant four!", an imaginative light bulb came right beside your sweaty head. "The fifth one, could it be the ring finger?" you then asked. And my answer is I don't know, I can't see it from where I lay down right now. But who cares? It could be just the middle finger for fuck sake. I still have one more hand anyway.

*slap* back to what I was gonna talk about. Where was I? Oh, the things that had changed. Right. I've been living in Jakarta for exactly one month now. I remember my first experience coming to this city was more than 20 years ago, when I was still a toddler (oh yes I remember). I might have a bad short term memory, but the bad smell of Ancol was unforgettable, it's as if God himself had eaten every egg in the universe and farted directly onto the northern part of Jakarta. Thank God I live in South Jakarta, which doesn't smell as bad. On an unrelated note, it is the only area in Jakarta where Jokowi is lost to Foke, so that must mean that the majority of people in my area are either stupid or racist (or the smart ones are too apathetic or too busy to participate in the election).

Wait, just because I always talk about Jokowi lately, doesn't mean I go into politic. It's just.. I'm gonna live in this city for a while, and I fucking despise its current condition. I would like to see some changes, and I believe this guy can bring those changes. And even if some cynical people think this city cannot be saved anymore, I hope they realize that the smallest changes could create tiny grains of hope that would eventually roll and roll into a huge snowball. At the very last, this guy is awesome, unlike that other guy who doesn't even know what a middle finger means. I'm sorry for the black campaign, that other guy is just so stupid it feels like a crime not to black campaign him.

Gah! See, one more thing that hasn't changed at all: I don't have the ability write with coherency, well, except when I write in programming language, but that's useless for a blog post, so, yeah, fuck my life, I mean, fuck my blog, my life is awesome, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment